A few more thoughts came to me…
- Depressive symptoms were cut almost in half in those individuals who participated in 30-minute aerobic exercise sessions, three to five times a week after 12 weeks
- Those who exercised with low-intensity for three and five days a week showed a 30 percent reduction in symptoms
- Participants who did stretching flexibility exercises 15 to 20 minutes three days a week averaged a 29 percent decline”
I'm left with the puzzling thoughts of how the next generation of kids will lead their life going through the evil this society offers, and how they will deal or succumb to the difficult situations that may arise in their life.
- Eat healthy and nutritious food, avoid drinking and smoking.
- Go for a run or make exercise and stretching a part of my life; Continue to make it part of my family value system; Make it an everyday routine
- Talk to my children often. Help them understand what success is all about. SCORING high marks in exams or having money and wealth are not the correct indicators of success. Teach them good values to become good human beings. Also, tell them that happiness does not necessarily come from status, fame, and money alone
- Find a company with good friends, family members, and well-wishers. Don’t want to think loneliness is an answer for life problems
- Care for your parents. It is unfair to dump them in old age homes or treat them as lonely dwellers in a corner of your rich mansion; do remember that all parents have struggled in their life to have your dreams fulfilled. Give them the simplest, best possible pleasures. Go sit next to them, gently touch and talk to them. Give them back what they deserve!
Kay is also a social entrepreneur and founded SahayaLRTS, an NGO which promotes and builds awareness on road safety through its campaign "Be Safe! Be there to Save!" & #424242running.